Community Biodiversity fund
The Community Biodiversity Fund is an annual round of grants available to all individuals, organizations and groups who are working towards protecting and restoring the Taranaki region. Wild for Taranaki are working hard to grow this fund, so it will become a reliable and sustainable source of income for biodiversity work across the region for years to come.
Wild for Taranaki will consider funding projects which support the following outcomes:
- Secure populations of Threatened, At-risk or Regionally distinctive species
- Protect habitat of Threatened, At risk or Regionally distinctive species
- Maintain the extent of rare and threatened ecosystems and environments, and projects which
- Support Kaitiakitanga to help restore the health of Papatuanuku
- Value nature i.e. environmental education and advocacy